Monday, February 16, 2009

Another one bites the dust...

I am really bad at coming up with titles for these posts. But regardless, a few interesting things have happened since last week. Last night was particularly eventful. We had one new person on staff here at NC, and this whole week during training she was excited and enthusiastic about the program. Slightly overwhelmed, I believe, as it is a lot of information to take in, but we all worked hard to make sure she felt included and to help her understand the program. This weekend she left to go camping with her boyfriend, and hadn't returned Sunday night by the time I went to bed. I woke up at 12:30 in the morning with DJ coming into my cabin and waking me and my roommate up to tell us that the new girl left. She came back at midnight with her boyfriend, packed all of her things into her car, and took off. Someone in the house happened to be awake at the time, and all she said was that she didn't feel like it was a good fit, and she hadn't yet told our boss. So that prompted the middle of the night phone call to our boss to let him know that our only new staff member quit (I lost the toss-up, so I had the privilege of making the dreaded call), and then several hours of us sitting around trying to figure out what just happened and see if we could think of someone to come and replace her. Unfortunately, we're already in a week of training. Fortunately, the rest of us are familiar with the training program so now we have a much lighter training schedule - bad for the wallet, but good for sleeping & studying time. I have the next two days off unexpectedly, which will hopefully allow me to study up on new information for the program so I can expand on it. Also, D and I are trying to build little lanterns to use for our Underground Railroad simulation, so this will give us plenty of time to finish that project and thus create a slightly more realistic conditions for that. Slightly. Anyway, an interesting 24 hours, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment