Wednesday, February 18, 2009

...

Sometimes there's no words to express certain feelings. On Monday evening, a friend and family member passed away suddenly. Becca was 27. I met her just over ten years ago at my sister's wedding - she is the little sister of my brother-in-law. While we are distantly related, I always felt like family around Becca. She was one of those people who was filled with joy and shared it with everyone she encountered. She always had a smile on her face, and filled the room with sunshine whenever she entered. I spent some time with Becca whenever I would visit my sister; infrequently, but enough time to really develop a deep respect and admiration for her positive, bright character. The last time I saw her was in May, at her wedding. I have never seen a more beautiful bride. Now, only nine months later, she is gone. There was an accident in her home and the doctors were unable to revive her. Even though I didn't see Becca very often, I feel this loss very deeply. I know that she is with the Lord, but her family is struggling. Any prayers would be greatly appreciated; my brother-in-law (who is like my own brother) and Becca's husband are having an especially difficult time.
My friend Brigette gave me a card last night because I was pretty upset. Inside was a package of letter stickers, and this story:


A little girl used to pray every night before bed. Her mother would listen
to her prayers before tucking her in. One night, the mother overheard her
daughter singing the alphabet instead of praying. She went into her daughter's
room and asked her why she was singing the ABC's. The little girl replied, "I
don't know what to say, so I thought if I just said all the letters, God would
put them into words for me."

This is how I feel right now; I don't have the right words to pray or to comfort or to express sympathy; but I hope that God knows my heart and is putting my unformed letters into the words He needs.

2 comments:

  1. I'm very sorry for your and your family's loss. Such a tragedy... I'll keep Becca in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete